Welcome to our website!
I co-founded Smiley Family Chiropractic with my wife Dr. Chelsey Smiley in 2010 just a few months following graduation from Logan College of Chiropractic in St. Louis, MO. Our office is located at the corner of 86th Street and Zionsville Road just north of Trader’s Point shopping center.
Some Information On Me:
I was born and raised in Peru, Indiana where I spent virtually all of my time playing sports. It’s that physical, active, lifestyle that led me to want to study the human body and how it should move and work properly.
My higher education started at Indiana University in Bloomington where I studied Kinesiology (the study of human movement) and minored in Coaching. While studying Kinesiology I met a young lady named Chelsey Beckman (now Dr. Chelsey Smiley) and quickly realized we were very like-minded and headed in the same direction. After we obtained our Bachelor of Science degrees from IU, Dr. Chelsey and I headed to St. Louis for Chiropractic school together.
We attended Logan College of Chiropractic from 2006 to 2009. In that time-span we obtained another Bachelor of Science degree in Life Science. We also attended several post-graduate weekend courses in motion palpation, spinal rehabilitation, advanced adjusted techniques, and nutrition.
- Doctor of Chiropractic from Logan College of Chiropractic
- Board certified by National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Chiropractic and Rehabilitation intern at Mt. Lookout Chiropractic and Sports Injury Center in Cincinnati, OH. with Dr. Mark King, the President of the Motion Palpation Institute
- Bachelor of Science in Life Science from Logan College
- Bachelor of Science from Indiana University, Bloomington
- Minor in Coaching from Indiana University, Bloomington
- The Indianapolis Chiropractic Examiner for Examiner.comChiropractic Care and Information on what I do:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Back and neck pain relief
- Wellness care or routine wellness
- Spinal rehabilitation
- Instruction on proper exercise/stretching
- Nutrition guidance and counseling
- Extremity pain and treatment (shoulders, hips, knees, etc.)
- Prenatal and post-natal chiropractic care
I believe I’m best known for treating a patient as a “whole” and giving them individualized chiropractic care. I am passionate about getting patients out of pain fast and back to living their life.
I enjoy family time with my wife Dr. Chelsey, our 2 year old daughter Presley, and our 12 year old German Shepherd Josie. In my spare time I enjoy the outdoors, exercise, reading, and learning more about health and overall well-being.Return From Dr. Steve Smiley to Your Indianapolis Chiropractor